Who needs help Getting it Together??? I mean, really, who doesn’t!? Let’s talk about how to Get it Together 1 day at a time so you feel you have control over your crazy.
Here are my 5 Days of Ideas to sail through your week calmly.
GIT TIP DAY#1: SUNDAY
This is your “homework” day. Set the right tone for your entire week and do the following:
1. Assess the kids clothes, are they clean, where are their sports and extracurricular outfits? Gather everything together.
2. Inventory the kids food, snacks, and water bottles for school. Gather!
3. Review your calendar and take notice if you’re too jam packed or if you’re bored, move things around or get some plans going.
4. Then within your calendar make sure every day has time set aside for you or you’ll resent your life and the people you live with.
5. Talk with your partner about his/her week, who is going where and who is doing what.
GIT TIP DAY#2: MONDAY
Get your house and especially your kitchen under control. Clean out your pantry, windex up the crumbs and gunk on the shelves, straighten your refrigerator, clean that nasty thing out, make a grocery list and then go buy food. Make it worth your while because you do not have time to be going to the grocery store every other day just because you can’t Get it Together and keep forgetting things. That annoys me. Don’t annoy me.
Clean your house up too, floors, bathrooms, etc., just get on it hard core.
Trust me, when you feel like you have control over your home it does a ton for helping your brain feel like you have it together!
GIT TIP DAY#3: TUESDAY
Stay home! Choose 1 day a week to stay home and deal with your stuff. Don’t run errands, don’t get distracted by the outside world, just stay home and attack your to-do’s and big projects and get them done already.
GIT TIP DAY#4: THURSDAY
Take your huge stack of mail, bills and paperwork that you’ve collected in 1 central location because that’s what I’ve told you to do and you’ve done it and now deal with it!
Every Thursday I want you to go through everything, pay your bills, fill out kids forms, do your paperwork.
GIT TIP DAY#5: FRIDAY
Set aside “Me Time” this day. Fun, worthwhile time with friends or alone. Give yourself an event to look forward to and recharge your mom battery against this monotonous mommy gig. Remember if you have it together your time will be spent guilt-free so GET IT TOGETHER ALREADY!